The purpose of this community is to gather an enthusiastic crowd to collectively help create a vibrant Downtown Hilo where people want to live, work and play! All entires posted should be place-based, that is, you are able to visualize it in a particular space or within Downtown Hilo’s landscape.
We are fortunate to have a diverse community of people who love Downtown Hilo. We take pride that we can share information and ideas, learn from each other, and spread our enthusiasm while we make Downtown Hilo a great place. In keeping with this community spirit, it is important that you please follow these Community Agreements to ensure we will work together successfully:
1. We are all creative. Everyone has a talent. We offer better solutions when we collectively work together to share our time, energy and ideas.
2. Be respectful. Be courteous with your comments. Respect other people’s privacy. Do not submit entries or post inappropriate comments that are derogatory, obscene, abusive, insulting, libelous, or racist. If you do, we reserve the right to remove them.
3. Stay on topic. Keep your comments relevant.
4. Use your own words. Share only what you know or own. Don’t impersonate others. Site your sources. Copyrighted materials are not appropriate unless you have persmission.
5. Do not post confidential or proprietary information. Photos should only be posted with permission.
6. This is not an advertising platform. No commercial solicitation or spam please!
7. Be professional. Refrain from political messages or debates on issues.
8. Always remember we are allies. Agree to disagree agreeably.
9. Visit us everyday! We look forward to your contribution!
10. We respect your privacy. Please read our Privacy Statement.